Saturday, August 1, 2009

Hail and more Hail

I'm still learning on the photo thing, maybe it will get better?

Thursday afternoon Angela got me up from a short rest and said that the weather was reporting a hail emergency. We rushed out with beach towels, and old rugs to cover the tomatoes. It was pouring rain with a few small hail stones I thought about trying to cover some of the things in the back vegetable garden, but by then the hail was coming hard and fast and was about the size of my thumb nail. Too much for me to brave. It just kept on hailing and pouring rain. Here are some pictures of the happening and then the resulting damage.

The first one "Coming down "

Out Back Toppled Tomatoes



zucchini leaves now look like watermelon. Standing in the hail trying to fix tomatoes!














Piles from off the roof.


cransbill geranium and other things smashed
We are waiting to see what will recover.

6 comments:

  1. Wow! You can have whatever you want in my garden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is crazy. I've never seen hail piled up like that. I'm so sorry about your garden, but hopefully most things will recover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is sad for your garden, but wow is the incredible to see. Mother nature at work in a pretty but destructive way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry! Mrs. Moss told me about the huge storm and asked me if u had said anything about it. Apparently u were saving it to blog about :-)

    I think u are a true blogger now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry about the hail. Boy weather has sure been after us Helms lately. Makes me excited to see what winter will bring. (hopefully not while we are traveling)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! 2 in one year! hope it didn't put a dent in dates pickup ...

    ReplyDelete