Friday, August 21, 2009

Fair Trip

Our Fair Trip

We had such a good time at the Idaho Helm house and at the fair. We were especially glad that Emily got to join us.

On Monday July 3rd, we, Grandma, Angela, Thorpe, Dad and I traveled in the Pickup with the trailer to Uncle Sid and Aunt Susan's where we left Grandma. Unfortunately we left late, traveled slower and got there just before midnight. I imagine it was pretty hard for Grandma, but we couldn't find anyway to get her comfortable here. We traveled on to a camp sight almost where 215 joins the freeway again. A little oily smell once, but a nice clean new place. Next day we traveled on to Melba and immediately to the rodeo. I haven't been for years and it was fun. I think Angela liked it best, and really appreciated Nathans explanations. They had a great place for the wheelchair and family could sit with her. Emily was able to join us Thursday evening.

This fair was not hot and dusty, a real change. We actually enjoyed the rain and had to buy jackets for those who forgot (not me) but I ended up with one of the new jackets anyway!

We ate "fair food," (Nathan has a friend who makes fabulous prime rib sandwiches and pork BBQ) saw all the exhibits, enjoyed the animals, saw the many great entry's from the Helm household, played with the kids and watched the pig events. It was great. In a small town farming and ranching community it is really family oriented and that makes me feel reassured for our future.

We also did Golden Coral, one night, and pizza another. We even had cinnamon rolls for breakfast and then a really tasty Sunday dinner that Neita made. All together we ate too much and had so much fun.

The kids did really well with their pigs and we were happy for them. In fact they had quite a few pretty impressive entries. Of course Neita always does! Bailey's photo (Judges choice), and Annaliese's jam got big fancy ribbons as did some of the other things that I can't remember.

Because it was rainy and darker than in the past all my pictures are either dark or blurry or both. Infact I have never had so many unusable pictures. There are a few of Joel though that are worth sharing!



It's hard to drink your pop when you are all tired out.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry ur pictures didn't turn out! But those are some cute ones of Joel.

    Someday I will have to come check out this fair thing. Sounds like tons of fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so great that you get to go and enjoy the fair with Nathan's family. I can tell they love it!

    ReplyDelete